Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to Transcription Mama. I've been thinking about starting blog about transcription for a long time now. I am absolutely in love with my life as a transcriptionist and I love to talk about it to those who will listen. I figured that there were people out here in the virtual world who were addicts too or who were thinking about getting started in the fields themselves who wanted to see just what this transcription things is all about.

So since this is my first post I figured I would get things started with a Top 10 justification as to why I've started this blog. So here goes:

Top 10 Reasons I've Started Transcription Mama:

10. I'm a transcriber.

9. I'm a mama. In fact, I'm a mom to many. I have a blended family of 11 kids total and four of them happen to be under the age of 4. This should help.

8. I have a computer with high speed internet access...seems to be a requirement for both having a blog and transcribing.

7. I love to write. Besides transcription I have just a natural love for English, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and creative writing.

6. I type fast...90 wpm to be exact. (Not to brag or anything, lol).

5. I am good at figuring at a balance to working at home and being a mother and wife. The balance usually last a few weeks and then I have to figure out something new all over again. I've learned that routines are constantly updated with small kids at home...they are good little plan sabotagers.

4. I know a lot of places where people can find work and I want to share that information. Some of these places do not even require experience!

3. People are always asking me how to get started in transcription...with a blog about transcription I can just direct them here.

2. I can transcribe medical, legal, law enforcement, corporate, and earnings calls. I'm a "jack-of-all-trades" transcriber. Sometimes I even think about transcribing when I am listening to a person talk...like, "Hmm, he would be so nice to transcribe. Just the right pace of voice, perfect diction, grammar, doesn't stutter." Sigh.

1. I make mistakes...if I can help someone else avoid them then this is all worth it.

So with that I'm signing off for the day. Please come back and visit and I welcome comments about what you would like to see on this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment